Are you a Pinterest user wondering how to get Rich Pins? What are Rich Pins? Whats the big deal about Rich Pins?
In this post I’m sharing all about Rich Pins. Why you should be using them, and how to get them.
This will be a quick one, So lets jump right in!
What Are Rich Pins?
Rich pins will display additional information to your reader. Making it easy for viewers to understand your content.
This can benefit your profile and add a more professional look that could encourage users to follow your profile.
Firstly you need to have a website for Rich Pins to be enabled. If you do not have your own site, you can enroll in our FREE go at your own pace course, where we help you to start your very own stunning website!
A quick over view directly from Pinterest
There are 4 categories of Rich Pins that are displayed.
- Article Pins: This type of pin is linked to an article on a blog. It pulls the data from the article like the title, a description and the author information.
- Product Pins: The product pins can display price data and include the link to your product page.
- App Pins: If you are an IOS user you can list your apps that can be downloaded from Pinterest.
- Recipe Pins: Recipe pins can display information such as ingredients to the recipe as well as the link to the page.
Rich Pins can improve your Pinterest profile. Like claiming your website, this will help with establishing credibility with Pinterest.
Ready to increase your Pinterest profile reach? Open this post in a new window to learn How To Crush Your Pinterest Goals.
By making this information available to users, your profile is easier to be discovered.
If you run a blog, sell a product, or just love pinning your recipes on Pinterest you will benefit from this added feature that Pinterest offers.
How to Get Rich Pins
This will be a straight forward guide that will help you easily add Rich Pins to your profile. If your not tech savvy this is the guide for you.
Install Yoast SEO Plugin
This is one of my favorite plugins. It’s well coded and constantly updated.
I don’t advise installing lots of plugins however the Yoast plugin can be very useful for newer bloggers. There is a premium version (paid) and a free version.
The free version will totally serve the purpose for this tutorial and other great benefits for your WordPress website.
After downloading the plugin go ahead and install then activate it. We will be getting Yoast settings updated to recognize social media data.
- Navigate to the Yoast plugin
- Tick social in the WordPress side bar
- Tick the Facebook tab
- Make sure the “Add Open Graph meta data” is set to enabled
Validate Your Pins On Pinterest
- Using this link open up a new tab to see the Rich Pins Validator
- Towards the bottom of the page find the URL box and enter in any URL from your website
- Click Validate and your good!
This ends your set up and you should be all good. You won’t see any immediate change as the process can take time.
I have seen this process happen in minutes up to a couple of days. As long as you’ve completed the process and got the confirmation you are done.
Pinterest will send you a confirmation email letting you know your good.
If your not seeing Rich Pins within a couple of days you should email Pinterest here
Now over to you
I’m curious, This was a quick and simple tutorial. What are some of your thought’s when it comes to Rich Pins?
Are they useful? Do you see any difference in your profile? Leave a comment below and let us know about your thoughts.
If you are new to Pinterest and have questions about getting started you should send us an email.
We have FREE resources dedicated to helping beginners with getting started on Pinterest and best practices for account growth. Reach out here firstname.lastname@example.org